By Carrie Pinkard
We want to thank everyone who CARVED out the time to enter our Snarky Tea Pumpkin Carving Contest. We loved all of the entries and it was tough to choose a winner. We had three judges for this contest who each rated the pumpkins on a scale from 1-10. We then added up the combined scores and arrived at our winner!
Sip some of our pumpkin spice tea and peruse these jack-o-lantern submissions from around the country.
Kary from Ashville, Ohio
This pumpkin makes me want to pack up the van and head out west. It just screams adventure.
I like the use of several mediums, and the carver really put thought into how it would look when lit up!
Peace, Love and Pumpkins. This gourd is BITCHIN’!
Victoria from Connecticut
I’d say the level of detail here is WONDERful! (Get it… WONDERful?!)
Wonder Woman would be so proud.
Shyla from Sacramento, California
- Hooo could think of a cuter pumpkin? The detail on the owls shows a steady hand and some fine craftsmanship.
- I would die for these owls
- Working with fine lines like this is very difficult. Hats off to you!
- A very wise choice!
Maria from Boston, Massachusetts
OKAY MARIA, WE SEE YOU!!! These are BALLER. Extra points for the sick ass lighting.
Jen from 29 Palms, California
- "Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it."
- Almost unnervingly life-like. Like I’m inside the movie Groundhog’s day and Bill Murray is going to start breathing in my ear.
- In the words of the great BIll Murray, whom was clearly a point of inspiration for this artist: "I'm not an alcoholic, I only drink two times a year. When it's my birthday, and when it's not my birthday." Okay, that isn’t really relevant but these pumpkins are f**king lit and so is that quote.
Comments from the judges:
Points for being in the fall spirit!
- Fun colors! Reminds me of Freddy Kreuger's sweater. Very spooooky!
Comments from the judges:
I love the raw, untethered eagerness for Thanksgiving expressed in this pumpkin.
This pumpkin is an entire mood.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Priorities, baby!
Kayla from Pennsylvania
Oh SHEET.... this one is good
It's motherf**cking tea time, GHOULFRIENDS
We LOVE that she included the mug, and the ghost is frighteningly cute too.
Second Place Goes To...
Our Winner Is...
All participants in our Very Snarky Pumpkin Carving Contest get a prize for participating! Please send your mailing address to email@example.com.