By Carrie Pinkard
Does your head hurt like you just ran straight into a monolith? Feel like you were stung by a flock of murder hornets? Are the voices in your head screeching like Joe Exotic? That’s a special 2020 hangover, baby. You’re still feeling the effects of the last horrible year, and all that champagne you drank last night while belting out “Auld Lang Syne” doesn’t help either.
Luckily for you, we’ve got special hangover tea and tips designed to help you put the last year behind you and gear up for 2021.
What Is The Best Hangover Tea?
Our Get Your Sh*t Together tea was blended with hangovers in mind. It’s a green tea packed full of antioxidants. It also contains ginger, which can help hangover symptoms such as nausea and can settle your stomach after a night of drinking.
Recover is a tea with restorative powers made for both hangovers and colds. It’s another green tea with ginger, but it also has anise that can help reduce inflammation from all that alcohol you drank to forget 2020. Recover also contains the flower echinacea that helps boost your immune system that can easily become compromised by drinking too much booze.
More Tips To Bounce Back and Slay 2021
- Drink tons of water. Drink way more water than you think you need to. Your body is super dehydrated after a night of drinking, and H20 is one of the best ways to bounce back.
- Eat a carb heavy breakfast. The morning after a night of drinking is not the time to start the Keto diet. Eat a breakfast full of hearty carbs so you can regulate your blood sugar levels. Spreading honey or peanut butter on toast with some fruit on the side is a good choice if you feel like you can’t handle anything too heavy.
- Sweat it out. We know the last thing you want to do is move your body when every muscle is screaming bloody murder. But if you can bring yourself to do it, a brisk walk where you sweat out some toxins can help alleviate your hangover symptoms. Incline walking on a treadmill is a nice way to get in a sweaty workout without feeling like you’re trying too hard.
- Consume Comforting Media. If you're feeling super sluggish today, there’s no need to tackle reading The Decline and Fall Of The Roman Empire. We compiled a list of uplifting tv shows, books, and podcasts that could be perfect for snuggling in and nursing your hangover.
- Get Your A** In Bed. Don’t start off this new year with a whack AF sleeping schedule. Try to go to bed early the night after your hangover so your body has plenty of time for restorative sleep. Need help with insomnia? We’ve got tips for sleeping better too!
Sip The Tea, Start Feeling Better
Follow these tips and get to sipping on some hangover tea and we’re sure you’ll feel better in no time. We’re so looking forward to tackling 2021 with you, Snark Squad. Happy New Year, and happy sipping!